Beauty & Lifestyle blog

Monday 26 September 2016

Autumn is here!

I love Autumn! I do find it really hard to choose a favourite season but I think if I really had to choose just one, it probably would be Autumn! Who doesn't love, cosy knitwear, hot chocolate, crunchy orange leaves and the excitement of the festive season just around the corner?! I know I do!


The thing I love most about this time of year, is the fashion. I have always preferred autumn/winter clothes and find it much easier to put outfits together. I find myself going months without buying any clothes or a few items that I dont love but they will have to do during the summer months! My bank balance has taken a real battering over the past few weeks since the Autumn collections have come out in all the shops! I just love cosy jumpers, ankle boots and wooly hats! I have been loving this Mango lightweight jumper over the past few weeks as it's a great transitional piece. It isn't too thick (more of a long sleeve t-shirt material) so has seen me through these past few weeks where there is a slight chill in the air but still warm when the sun decides to come back. 

I also love to have a good sort out of my makeup collection at this time of year and drag back out some old favourites such as plum/wine lip and nail colours! These two NYX ones are my favourites at the moment as they're both a lovely consistency, yet so affordable! They are both the perfect Autumn/wine colours and work well with most makeup looks as they're still reasonably tame and not too 'out there'!!

Lastly, I have been loving the chillier evenings and the fact it is slowly getting darker because I've dug back out all the winter candles including my absolute all time fave 'yankee candle- paradise spice'. Now, this is discontinued and I must admit, it was a devastating moment when I thought I'd never be able to purchase it again so I savoured every last sniff of my last large jar! However, my amazing Fiance found it on amazon and ordered it for me (you can only get it in the medium jar and smaller ones). I have just looked on there to check as I was writing this and they are trying to sell the medium jars for £66 :O. Just to confirm, we definitely didn't pay that much for it no matter how much I love it!! 

What are you looking forward to most about Autumn?

Abbie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig