Beauty & Lifestyle blog

Tuesday 6 September 2016

Current hair care routine

I am one of those people that has always bought different shampoos and conditioners every time I run out because I had never found one I really loved and would stick with. I have probably tried most hair products out there because up until now I never liked anything I used and found certain brands just didn't suit my hair type. 

In terms of what hair type I have, I would say it's pretty average. I don't have a major issue with oiliness unless I touch my hair a lot during the day (which I've tried to stop myself doing!). I wash my hair every other day and on it's second day I tie it up as it is a little oilier. 



Toni & Guy Reconstruction Mask
I recently tried the Toni and Guy reconstruction mask and absolutely loved it- the smell, the consistency and of course, how it made my hair feel and look. I tend to leave it on my hair for 3-5 minutes and then wash it out. It leaves my hair soo silky soft that I can't help but touch it! I can't really say whether it 'reconstructs' damaged hair as I personally don't believe that any product can 'fix' or 'repair' the damage that is already done and that the only way to do this is to get a trim so that the split ends are gone. 

Toni & Guy Shampoo & Conditioner For Damaged Hair 
After trying and loving the reconstruction mask I decided to try some more products from the range. I picked up the shampoo and conditioner combo for damaged hair because like most girls who love their hair straighteners and curlers, my hair is far from perfect and I am not short of a few split ends! Again, the consistency and smell of these products is just beautiful and I have found it to be the only combo that has made my hair feel clean yet super soft and manageable (everything I've ever looked for in a hair shampoo and conditioner!!). 

Toni & Guy Shampoo For Advanced Detox
Once a week I use the cleanse advanced detox shampoo as my hair does seem to gather a lot of build up from different products and this just makes it feel squeaky clean again! However, as it strips the hair of all nastiness and oils etc, it does leave the hair quite dry which is why I then skip conditioner and just put on some of the reconstruction mask for 5 minutes before washing out and this sorts it out! 

Superdrug Coconut Oil For Hair and Skin
Every 2 weeks or so I like to do an intense treatment on my hair (if it is feeling particularly dry or damaged). For this I use the superdrug coconut oil. I have actually just had a good few inches cut off my hair so at the moment it is in the best condition it has been in a while so I haven't used this for a while. However, when my hair was a lot longer (and damamged :O ), I used this coconut oil about once a week and I could honestly tell the difference straight away! My hair felt much smoother and more manageable and I also felt like it made my hair feel thicker and grow quicker than normal. I either leave this on overnight (tie hair in a bun and put a towel over your pillow- can be messy!) or I would just leave it on for 2-3 hours and wash it out. 

Tresemme Nourish and Replenish Hydrating Mist
After I have washed my hair and it is feeling super soft and clean, why not add some more 'soft creating' products?! I have been loving this tresemme mist as it smells of coconut and even after blow drying, the smell still stays! Obviously it's great at making my hair that bit softer and shiny as well but the smell is probably what makes it a winner for me!

What are some of your favourite hair care products?

Abbie x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig