Beauty & Lifestyle blog

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Clinique Sonic Cleansing Brush

'I am a big believer in that if you focus on good skincare, you really won't need a lot of makeup'- Demi Moore. 

I live by this quote!

Growing up through my teen years my skin was always pretty good. I never really got proper breakouts until I was about 18. This is when I'd say I actually started taking better care of my skin as before I would just use makeup wipes and be done with it. 
Aside from the occasional breakout that feels like I have boulders on my skin (it always looks worse to yourself!), the one thing that bothered me about my skin was how dull it always looked and that I often got blotchy discolouration here and there. 

I was given the Clinique Sonic Cleansing Brush as a birthday present back in June this year. I have used it every day since and have really noticed a difference in my skin. I had read reviews on these kind of facial brushes before and been put off by people saying it made their skin worse before better as it takes a bit of getting used to. Luckily, I didn't experience this. My skin is much clearer, less oily and much more even toned as well as being more radiant and glowing! 
I've never suffered from really noticeable blackheads but obviously everyone has a slight build up or discolouration around their nose (gross, I know, but let's face it, we've all been there with nose strips and various blackhead removing tools!! Cringe!). Cleansing brushes are great for helping get rid of this and I love how this brush has the green bristles at the top for getting into those hard to reach places. 



The brush that I have came with 3 clinique miniatures inside which was great as I was looking to try a new skincare brand anyway at this point. It came with the foaming sonic facial soap, clarifying lotion and the dramatically different moisturiser. The moisturiser didn't really suit me and felt quite oily and sticky on my skin which is a shame as I know loads of people swear by it and love it. I wasn't particularly fussed by the lotion either and prefer my Liz Earle skin tonic still. I loved the facial soap and when I ran out, couldn't get it in full size as it was out of stock everywhere!:O. I went back to using my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and even tried using it with the facial brush but it wasn't the right consistency as the brush works best with foaming cleansers. After a few weeks I managed to get my hands on the facial soap and have used and loved it every day since! 

I think the skincare routine I have right now will be the one I continue for a long time as I have found it to be the best for my skin yet!

What is your favourite skincare product?

Abbie x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig