Beauty & Lifestyle blog

Sunday 22 January 2017

What's In My Makeup Bag

I loooove reading what makeup other people are using and what they are loving, so I thought i'd do a little post (probably won't be little at all, so get a cuppa and get yourself comfy!!) on what I have in my makeup bag. I have selected the bits I have been using most over the past few months so my makeup collection is obviously a LOT bigger than what is in my little every day makeup bag! 


Face:

These are my 3 most used base products. On work days, I tend to just use the Mac Prolongwear Concealer on its own just to cover dark circles under my eyes and any discoloration or blemishes I may have. I have used this product for almost a year now and still repurchase every time I run out- it's a lifesaver! 
Rimmel Stay Matte is another well loved product of mine which gets used every single day! It's all in the name really as it keeps my skin matte mostly all day. 
The foundation is one that I use at weekends or if i'm going out in the evening. I have again, used this for a long long time and still find it is the best for my skin type. 


Bourjois Bronzing Primer is a massive favourtie of mine. I love that it is a cream product as I find that it can look more natural than powder bronzers. I use this all year round to keep myself looking a little less 'vampire'! I am quite fair skinned and this still works perfectly on my skin when blended out well. 
Mac Lightscapade is my all time fave highlighter! It is so natural on the skin and gives the most amazing glow. I am definitely after Soft and Gentle when payday comes around as I know that is massively raved about too! 
Finally for face products is Milani baked blush which is a fairly recent discovery and I have used it every day since, its a lovely natural shade with a slight golden shimmer (isn't as scary as it sounds, I promise!).

Eyes/Brows:
I have used Soap and Glory's Brow Archery for as long as I can remember! I don't tend to use the 'tint' side of it but the pencil is the perfect shade for my brows! 
Maybelline's Brow Fibre Filler is a recent purchase and I have totally fallen in love with it! It fills in my brows so well used after the Brow Archery as I don't always have the time to sit and pencil in all the sparse areas and gaps. It is a perfect shade for my brows and as it is real fibres, looks soooo natural. I have had so many 'good brow days' since using this!

I have tried so many liquid liners in my time and not found any that I really like until I purchased this Soap and Glory Supercat Liner pen. It is sooo easy to apply which is a must for me as i'm useless at liner! It has fabulous staying power and is really black! What more could you want?!
Loreal Telescopic has been my fave mascara for a long long time! I've repurchased it so many times and still love it to bits! I recently jumped onto the Lash Sensational bandwagon (extremely late may I add!) and I have been really liking this mascara too. They are both pretty different but both work really well for my lashes. 

Lips:
I have really grown my lipstick collection over the past 6 months or so but these are the 3 lip products that have stayed in my makeup bag and been the most used over the past few months. I love Mac lippies and these two are my most recent lip purchases!
LA Girl lip liner is such a great budget lip liner as it only costs a couple of pounds and works just as well as a high end liner. It is also such a versatile colour and works with pretty much all of my lippie shades. The shade is 'Natural'.
Left is 'Whirl', Right is 'Twig'

So there it is, I hope you enjoyed taking a peek into what is currently in my makeup bag and finding out what i'm loving!

What are your staple makeup products? Leave me a comment below- I'd love to chat!!

Abbie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig