Beauty & Lifestyle blog

Wednesday 11 January 2017

It's A New Year!

Sitting back as the new year draws in and thinking about what you have achieved throughout the year and making goals for the year ahead is always something I try to do. I can't say I ever stick to my 'resolutions' or goals though haha!

I am pretty proud of a few things I achieved in the year of 2016. I got involved in a small, local charity and did various crazy events to help raise money. The cause was pretty close to home and there was a massive positive outcome for the family at the end of it if they raised enough money. This is when I came home one day and said to my Mum 'Let's do a half marathon'. Goodness knows what was going through my head this day as our local half marathon event was only 2 months away and is named 'one of the worst' with plenty of hills! I've always been into running and competed in loads of cross country and track events when I was younger. My Mum recently got into it too, so we did it- we entered the half marathon that evening!

The training was hard! I keep saying 'I have no idea how anyone runs a full marathon' but I guess when you put your mind to it, you can do anything, and that's something I definitely learned from doing this half marathon. There was a lot of tears, 'I can't do it' s and tiredness along the way but that sense of achievement when we crossed the finish line was a feeling I can't describe!

The day after New Years Day 2017, my Mum, Dad and I walked a little bit of the half marathon route as we fancied getting out for some fresh air after all the Christmas food and drink consumed over the past week! It made me really proud all over again because walking up some of them hills was tough and I thought 'I ran up these!'. (Probably the many mince pies and pigs in blankets that made the hills hard to walk up! haha!).

This year, i'm going to make it my goal to run another half marathon, whether it's the same one or not.





What are your 2017 goals? I'd love to hear them :)

Abbie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig