Beauty & Lifestyle blog

Monday 24 October 2016

Top 5 autumn hair care products


When the colder months greet us, I tend to change up my skincare and hair care a little. I do find that my hair becomes a lot dryer in the colder weather just like my skin. I think it's really important to use the appropriate products to keep your hair in the best condition possible as the cold weather can be just as damaging as anything else we put our hair through!

Here are my Top 5 products that I like to use to keep my hair in tip top condition throughout the Autumn/Winter. 

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor
This has been a favourtie of mine for years! I have tried many different hair masks and deep treatments and still always reach for this one over any others. Firstly, it smells delicious just like all Aussie products! I also love that this hair mask only needs to be left on for 3 minutes to reach it's full potential (obviously there's nothing wrong with leaving it on for longer but 3 minutes is enough to see benefits). I'm often in a rush when it comes to doing my hair so 3 minutes is the perfect amount of time. When you wash this out of your hair, it feels like silk! Some hair masks and deep treatments can be a bit too heavy for my hair but I find this one just right! It is so moisturising without weighing my hair down too much which is perfect!

Moroccan Oil
Again, I have been using this product for many years and still use it religiously. It doesn't weigh my hair down but gives it the most beautiful shine. I usually apply this to my damp hair before blow-drying and it leaves my hair so soft and healthy feeling and looking! This is also a great product for using on dry hair to style. It is great for after you have curled your hair and the ends are looking a bit dry because it just adds a healthy shine and makes your curls look glossy and well kept!

Tresemme Expert Botanique Nourish and Replenish Hydrating Mist
Wow that was a mouthful! This product smells absolutely beautiful! If you love a coconut scent, you will love this! It is to be used on damp or dry hair as a hydration spray. I was worried this would leave my hair feeling greasy but it doesn't. I use it on damp hair before blow-drying if I haven't used my Moroccan oil and it does leave my hair very soft and of course, smelling gorgeous!! The only annoying thing about this is the way the nozzle sprays! It doesn't spray out in a mist as the name suggests and does not give very even coverage but I just comb my hair through as I go to ensure even distribution. 

Superdrug Coconut Oil
This product is great! It's the most affordable coconut oil for use on hair and skin I have found! A lot of people just use normal coconut oil you can use for cooking etc but I found these pretty pricey in my local Supermarkets. Ok, this Superdrug one may not be the purest form of coconut oil, but it does the trick for me! It is a couple of pounds and so worth it! I use this once every couple of weeks as a hair mask. I apply it to my dry hair from top to bottom, give my scalp a little massage and tie my hair up in a bun. I leave it on for  good few hours and then hop into the shower to wash it out. I will admit, it takes a bit of work to get out and usually a double shampoo (which I do every hair wash anyway as my hair is so thick), but the end result is so worth it! My hair is always so soft and shiny and feels fuller and generally healthier. I feel like it really strengthens each strand of hair. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo- Tropical
Firstly, the scent of this is again, a big plus for me as it smells like coconuts! I've added this into my top 5 as I know that when it comes to the colder, darker mornings, I struggle to get out of bed and ready and really lack motivation!! Sometimes it's easier to just snooze the alarm a few times, roll out of bed, dry shampoo your hair and tie it up in a messy bun rather than battling with yourself to get your bum out of bed when it's cold and miserable!

What are your staple hair products for the colder months?

Abbie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig