Beauty & Lifestyle blog

Sunday 20 November 2016

The Autumn Tag




I know it has been said over and over by myself and so many others but just once more this year- Autumn is my favourite season! (Hehe had to sneak it in once more before we're hit by icy cold mornings and typical British winter weather). What better is there than sitting on the sofa on a chilly afternoon/evening with lots of cosy blankets and a hot chocolate, watching rubbish tv and having a very good excuse to be a little lazy! I feel like I didn't really make the most of Autumn and writing Autumn related blog posts as it will soon be full on winter and the Christmas themed posts will be beginning (exciting!!). I've read a couple of peoples Autumn tag posts and thought I would give it a go so that some of you can perhaps get to know me a little better :) I tag any of my readers that haven't already done it (i'm aware it's a tiny bit late as we're nearing the end of November!). 

What signifies the start of Autumn for you?
Definitely when the trees get their first few orange/red/yellow leaves on them. I love how pretty the trees look when they turn all different shades of red and orange. I've actually taken a bit more time to go for a few little walks recently and really taken in my surroundings and I found myself quite fascinated by how different all of the leaves looked and all the different colours and shades of colour there are- it's beautiful. 

What is your favourite Autumn scent?
There are so many different smells that remind me of Autumn! I think my favourite natural smell is the smell of damp leaves and ground (is that weird?!). I do also love the smell of home baking such as gingerbread and cinnamon flavoured things. My favourite Autumn/winter candle will always be Yankee Candle Paradise Spice (unfortunately discontinued but I managed to find it on Amazon). It's such a gorgeous homely smell! 

What is your favourite Autumn colour?
Burgundy/deep plum! I'm guessing pretty much everyone has said this but burgundy just screams Autumn! I think it's just such a lovely warm colour.

What is your favourite Autumn drink?
I don't drink caffeine which is pretty sad because all of the Christmas drinks in Costa sound so tasty! I really loved their white hot chocolate last year but that has been discontinued (I have still managed to get it in two different costas as they still had the syrups). I do also love a good old cuppa tea on a cold morning as well!

What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to this Autumn?
I usually really look forward to I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here at this time of year, but i'm not too fussed about any of the celebs in it this year. I've been loving The Missing though in replacement!!

What is your favourite Autumn fashion trend?
I love a big, cosy high neck or roll neck jumper and a pair of jeans and chelsea boots or chunky heel boots at the moment! I also love the big blankety scarves that are on trend at the moment! 

What is your favourite frugal Autumn activity?
Going for a walk! I love those Autumn days where it's chilly in the air but sunny and all the leaves are crunchy under foot. I've been trying to get out for more short walks on my lunch break at work and I also love to go to my happy places for crisp Autumnal walks at the weekend. Everything seems so scenic when all the trees are covered in beautiful leaves and there's also a blanket of them on the floor to crunch through! 

What is your favourite makeup look come Autumnal weather?
I have blue eyes so I generally go for orangey/brown eye makeup looks anyway. I have been loving playing around with a few goldy shades and darker browns too recently. Oh, and of course I love a berry/dark red lip- I have been loving Mac Whirl. 

Tell me your favourite thing about Autumn in the comments below 

Abbie x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You should try the orange hot chocolate from costa if you can't have caffeine, it's incredible!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig